Tuesday, April 8, 2008

MiParadox Begins

MiParadox. That's kind of a strange name for a blog. What does it really mean? What is it all about? Well, I personally think it means something today, but like all things, I think that it has great potential to evolve, transform, and become whatever it is truly intended to become. Quite simply, this is a blog of ideas. I love ideas. I keep my ears wide open so that I can hear ideas.

I search the web, because I want to come across new ideas. I study, read, and travel because I want to create my own ideas. I think that the process of formulating an idea, having the guts to move forward with it, and executing it is probably one of the most fulfilling feelings ever. I long for this feeling, and that is partly why I started this blog, and is partly explains the title, MiParadox. The "i" stands for ideas. I've got a lot of ideas. I come up with new ones almost daily.

However, I usually have a hard time remembering my ideas or figuring out a way to move forward with them. If there's anything that I've learned from the Internet, its that sometimes its just better to put it all out there and see what comes of it. My ideas typically come from the world around me.

The places I see, the people I interact with, or the inadequacies I become aware of. So, be forewarned, this blog will probably not have much cohesion aside from the fact that it will be a "melting pot" of my own thoughts and ideas. There's something fun about that, though. You may not totally be sure what is to come, but whatever it is, just may spark your interest more so than ever before.

While I gave away the "i" meaning ideas, it could also mean a lot of different things. I think alongside ideas, you have "i"nventions and "i"nnovations. These could also be things that the "i" stands for. But if there is anything that I know about ideas, innovation, and invention, it's that change is just around the corner, and there may be some better words to describe this blog in no time.

This truly gets to the crux of why I have ventured from the sweet solitude of my exam pad to the open abyss that is the Internet. Ideas cannot exist in a vacuum. Rather, they need to stared at, poked a couple times, ripped to shreds perhaps, and essentially naked to the world. Ideas, effective ideas, are built upon layers and layers of criticism.

An idea begins...and is then morphed. It takes on new form and can then only live, breathe, and function as it ought to. Sure, there are ideas that work flawlessly the very first time around, but those are but a lucky few. I feel better hearing other's opinions when it comes to ideas though, because as I said, ideas cannot exist in a vacuum.

I wanted to do this blog for other constructive reasons as well. A good friend of mine shared with me that it takes on average at least 50 legitimate ideas to arrive at something worthwhile. Consider this almost an open diary of any thoughts, ideas, inventions, or innovations that I think are realistic. In order for an idea to "realistic" it has to meet the following standard criteria:
  1. It is well accepted by a particular target demographic
  2. It fills a NEED
  3. It can be setup by an individual or at most small group of individuals
  4. It has methods of generating income
  5. It is marketable
I do not assume that all the ideas that I put down here to be "realistic." However, if anything, it will be a great way to keep track of those ideas which are "realistic" and which are not. Perhaps I'll see a pattern emerge. I feel as though there is a tremendous amount to gain and learn.

I look forward to sharing some of my ideas with you. It is MiParadox.

No comments: