Saturday, May 30, 2009

Reflect Inc.

Feeling good is all a state of mind. There is a great poem that I was exposed to when I was in high school called the Optimist's Creed. Essentially, the poem suggests that one's attitude is what makes your life. I think there is a great deal of truth to this idea. If you feel good, then you it shines through your work, your interactions, everything that you do.

Recognizing this, I was introduced to a phenomenal online shirt company called Reflect Inc. The concept of the website is brilliant and practically mirrors the invocation to this post that I just gave.

Reflect Inc. provides transformational clothing. What is transformational clothing? Well, the shirts that they create contain simple affirmations on the chest written in a cursive-like script and on a black shirt. However, if they merely just had some sort of affirmation on the chest of the shirt, I probably wouldn't take the time to write about it as I am. What Reflect Inc. does differently that truly separates them from other shirts I've seen is the unique way in which they convey their message.

The affirmation that is written across the chest on the shirt is written in such a way that it is read normally only by looking into a mirror. This type of script is referred to as mirror writing and it was employed by people like Leonardo Da Vinci.

This isn't to suggest that the only good purpose of the shirt is to wear it in front of a mirror. Hardly. The way that the writing looks across the chest is pretty eye catching and makes one hell of a conversation piece. However, it also happens to double as a wonderful affirmation that can get you in the right mindset to take on the world.

There are a variety of affirmations that the company provides on a number of different topics. There are affirmations relating to one's Life, Relationships, Health, Self Confidence, etc.

They are currently running a promotion where they are shipping items for free.

Great concept. Unique idea. Implemented and ready to soar.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Tyrone! You are awesome! This is Caroline, Mike M's cousin and co-owner of Reflect. Thanks so much for the shout out and I am glad you love the concept! Next time we come out to visit Mike, we will have to meet you up for coffee or a drink! My best wishes to you!

Tyrone Schiff said...

Caroline,

My pleasure. My blog is all about great ideas and Reflect Inc. is a wonderful example of that. I am happy to write about such a unique concept.

Thanks again!